Close-up on archives
Historia's focus of the month
LHistoria's focus of the month feature is designed to breathe new life into the documents presented in the monthly publication, which the Archives Nationales has partnered since 2004. These gems – a series of unusual documents selected because they are visually appealing (a poster praising the qualities of American acrobatic divers in 1900), moving (the last wishes of Madame Récamier) or political (an account of the Moscow fire in 1812 by Stendhal) – offer a glimpse of the wealth of resources represented by the Archives Nationales collections, alongside the more familiar collections.
For further information
The Archives Nationales on the road
The Archives Nationales take part in some forty exhibitions each year, lending between 160 and 200 documents to French and foreign heritage institutions. While the partnerships with the Louvre Museum, the Bibliothèque nationale de France, the Musée Carnavalet and the Château de Versailles are long-standing and well established, other institutions have also begun to understand the benefits that the Archives Nationales collections can offer their projects.
For further information
Documents under the spotlight
- 1669-2019 : L'Opéra national de Paris a 350 ans ! For further information
- L'exposition universelle de 1900 et le pont Alexandre III. For further information
- Atlas des salines de Lorraine et de Franche-Comté (vers 1755). For further information
- Travaux de restauration dans les cathédrales au XIXe siècle. For further information
- Gift to the National Archives of Diaries of drawings of Charles and Robert de La Rivière.
. For further information
- Soutenez la restauration des dessins, cartes et plans de Napoléon. For further information
- Posters promoting tourism in France (1946-1995). For further information
- The Opéra-Comique at the National Archives!! For further information
- Cartier Fils. Collection of original drawings for textile projects, carpets, rugs and tapestries. For further information
- France-Australia, shared stories. For further information
- Climate archives. For further information
- The death of King Louis XIV. For further information
- Jules Quicherat's travel journals. For further information
- Universal exhibitions held in Paris between 1867 and 1900. For further information
- The accession of François I. For further information
Treasures of written heritage
In Treasures of French Written Heritage, reference is made to documents which have been the subject of lectures, featuring presentations of the originals, ever since the Archives Nationales joined the existing partnership between the Institut national du patrimoine and the Bibliothèque nationale de France in 2009. From Ermentrude's will on papyrus to General de Gaulle's manuscripts conserved in the Foccart archives, these documents are of profound historical and aesthetic interest.