How to find documents about a research topic ?
The Archives Nationales provides various online tools to help you identify documents you are searching for:
- search tips together with most of the search tools and databases are accessible for consultation directly via the online catalogue.
Go to the online catalogue
Finding aids other than the online catalogue
The instruments of search listed below will be gradually integrated into the virtual Room of the inventories
- Records held at the Paris site
- Records at the Pierrefitte-sur-Seine site
- Specific record groups (held on various sites depending upon the period)
Databases other than the online catalogue
- ARCADE : information about works of art acquired by the State, 1800-1969 ;
- ARCHIM : an array of digitised images of emblematic documents;
- LEONORE : records about people awarded the Légion d'honneur, 1800-1976, some of which have been digitised;
- PRIAM 3 : record groups transferred to the Fontainebleau site between 1970 and 2010.